Monday, January 13, 2014

Last One.

Welp,
this is it. im done. finished habis. 
last wek was a blast in singapore. had a "final" farwell party on saturday. "" because im having a party tonight and tomorrow haha. i love these people so much. I gave my final chruch address in a way that i didnt provoke tears. my branch president remarked that i was "naughty" to do so hahaha. 
the conference with Elder Wilson was really awesome. focused on the restoration and the Book of Mormon in conversion. Really good stuff about emphasizing the reading of the BofM. he shared a few personal accounts of members reading the BofM with investigators, which led to the person being baptized. all in all good stuff. 

i cant say im sorry about your cruise. actually i can hah. but you know we kids always have those feelings of resentment when the parent flee the winterland in search for higher temps. but i cant say much cuz ive been in the 80s for two years :DDD

so dont bother preparing the upstairs guest room mom. just makes space in the basement, as that will be my HQ. base camp. living quarters. seriously though.

I would love to write a huge letter about how great my mission has been and ALLLLLL the great things i have done and experienced, but i know i wouldnt have time to do so. i will try my best in my homecoming talk (this week? if possible id prefer to do it right away actually) but i have attached my final weekly letter to President Mains. its a good one:

I want to start off by thanking you for everything you have done for me. It has been my great privilege to see you come into the mission, and to see you grow and become the great Mission President you are now. I know you have also seen me and many of my fellow elders grow. I know that the direction and inspiration you give to us originated from God. I thank you for that.

It's true that this work is not easy. The longer I was a missionary, the more and more i realized that despite my increasing language skills and people skills were not the deciding factors in people being converted to the Gospel. No amount of what I alone bring to the table would ever be enough. for that I thank God for showing me that it is His and the Holy Ghost's work, and They are the ones influencing the hearts and minds of those i taught.

I feel that while i have regrets of disobedience, and too many days of putting forth less than my full effort, I have fulfilled for the most part my duty to God. I know He is pleased with my successes and is patient with my shortcomings. It has been so interesting to me to see the parallels of mission life to a lifetime. It doesnt really matter how much experience or skill I have, I will ALWAYS need to rely on The Spirit and on my Heavenly Father. I will be eternally grateful for all the many chances, opportunities and experiences i have had since starting my mission. I'm really finding it hard to express in words my feelings. Mostly simply remembering times of great bliss when there is success and lives are changed. Remembering that there were hard times, but not recalling the details. 

That is pretty well summation of my feelings now. It has just been the best. I cant wait for the challenges that lie ahead, even though it means i will have to focus on my own needs. thats a bit daunting. anyways. I go to singapore on wednesday and have my exit interview and farewell dinner with the Mains, then early thurdsday morning head out. Pres Mains will actually do my temple recommend interview when he interviews me, so i'll be ready to go to the temple right away!! thatll be the BEST

i love you all so much. thank you for all the letters and messages YOU sent to me. I have never felt distracted or discouraged by anything you have sent me, and couldt think of better things to receive as a missionary. 

Love for the last time from

ELDER Giblette
 
me gettin off the plane in bintulu

me eatin a final meal with E Loke. yup i got to see him again! 

me and a youth that says he wants me to print this picture and show all my friends haha


 

No comments:

Post a Comment