Wednesday, February 29, 2012

2.28.2012

Your birthday sounds so awesome! also i sent a long letter yesterday that explains the sunday routine, i talk my teachers, etc. so look forward to that. (it's in English haha)
As far as anything I need, I think I'm good...ya good for now. I dont have many emails this week so i have like 25 mins for this email :D also looking forawrd to the dictionary, hopefully I'll get it today. also got all my birthday stuff

I am seriously learning more than I ever thought possible, I felt like I had a small testimony of the gospel and things, but whatever I had has certainly increased at least 20 fold! the gospel basically boils down faith in Jesus Christ, repentance, and the Book of Mormom, the Book of Mormom, the Book of Mormom, the Book of Mormom. i know we have inspired teachers here because just when I think i have a grip on something or i know everything, they talk about a basic principle in a way that I had never thought about before. Without a testimony of the BofM, people will never truly have faith in any aspect of this church, so I am at least glad I had a pretty firm testimony that the BofM is true. you kind of get thrown into things so fast you don'e have time to build your testimony on your own time. you're expected to have a testimony of everything and to be able to be able to share that testimony with everyone! A huge principle that I struggled with at first is that during personal study time, you dont just read the BofM to study, you need to study it and other things directly for your investigators. by doing this, they told us, we would gain our own knowledge. It was hard and still is to do. but i can testify it's true. Sometimes it's much easier to just read and kind of relax during study time, but that's not what we're here to do.

I know that we absolutley must have a knowledge and testimony of the BofM. i know that it is true, and I know that Joseph Smith translated it. I know Jesus Christ came to earth and suffered for each and every one of us. I know that we can be forgiven of our sins through the redeeming power of His Atonement. i know our Heveanly Father loves us, and that he truly does want us to live with Him again.

Haha it's weird writing it and thinking about it in english beacause as I was writing it I was totally thinking of the Malay words. I think my favorite lesson to teach is the Plan of Salvation, or Rencangan Penyelamatan. I love how exact it is and i also like drawing the plan on a chalkboard haha.

Anyways, I thought about telling you about gym time haha. at first I played four square, and it's fun, but the line usually gets way too long, and it's pretty hard. but i can testify that everything Carson claimed to happen in four square is true haha. I play volleyball now because it's way more fun and you get to play longer. theres an elder in the other Singapore district who played in high school in California. I guess his team, or some team he played on won state and he was the MVP. Anyways he's of course really tall and skinny, but he can spike so well you wouldn't believe haha. Sometimes I swear he just floats above the net. I thought i was pretty good but I can hold my own. last minute! send some picture by mail or email! that tiny one of our family is junk haha!
Love you all, halfway through the MTC!
Elder Giblette

No comments:

Post a Comment